Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: LICENSE PLATES FOR ANTIQUE, CLASSIC OR VINTAGE MOTOR VEHICLES
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 07/03/1979|
LICENSE PLATES FOR ANTIQUE, CLASSIC OR VINTAGE MOTOR VEHICLES
To View Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
The law provides for the issuance of special license plates for antique, classic or vintage motor vehicles that are twenty five (25) years or older.
Any private passenger automobile, van, private truck up to 16,000 lbs, motor home, or motorcycle which is at least twenty-five (25) years old and which has been restored to its original condition without modifications contrary to stock specifications, is eligible for this plate.
All applications for initial issuance or transfer of an Antique license plate must be accompanied by:
- A current color photograph of the vehicle.
- A notarized affidavit (DPSMV 1911) attesting to the fact that the vehicle has been restored to its original condition without modifications contrary to stock specifications
- OR a photocopy of a card showing applicant's membership in an antique car club.
- The requirements must also be submitted when the vehicle is sold, if the new owner chooses to retain the plate.
- If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, proper title documentation and fees must be submitted along with the request for the Antique license plate.
- $25.00 - one-time fee.
- $8.00 - handling fee
- $3.50 - administrative handling fee due only on initial issuance.
- $3.00 - transfer fee if transferring to a new owner
- $36.50 - $25.00 one-time fee, $8.00 handling fee, and $3.50 administrative handling fee to convert to the special plate.
- This is a lifetime plate with no renewal.
- Credit is not allowed on the $25.00 one-time fee.
Antique Plate Affidavit 1911 (R1213).pdf
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Titling a Vehicle
8.01 Application for Title on Antique, Classic, or Vintage Vehicles When No Current Record of Ownership Exists
|    Back |