Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: LOUISIANA AGRICULTURE LICENSE PLATES
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 03/01/2001|
LOUISIANA AGRICULTURE LICENSE PLATES
This law provides for the issuance of a special license plate for the purpose of agriculture in the classroom. This license plate can be issued to private passenger automobiles/vans, minimum use trucks up to 16,000 lbs., and private buses.
- Any citizen of Louisiana can be issued the Louisiana Agriculture license plate.
- A photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed.
- A photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed if the vehicle is currently registered. OR
- If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, then all necessary documentation required for titling the vehicle must be submitted.
- $19.00 - in addition to regular registration fees, is due at initial issuance and all subsequent renewals.
- $8.00 - handling fee due on all transactions except renewals.
- $3.50 - administrative handling fee due only on initial issuance.
- $3.00 - transfer the plate to another vehicle in the applicant’s name.
- Plates may be transferred from one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between owners.
- Plates are available for immediate issuance through the Specialized Vehicle Unit.
Initial requests must be mailed to the Office of Motor Vehicles, Specialized Vehicle Unit, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA 70896. All other transactions can be processed by any motor vehicle office or public tag agent.
Section IV 2.0 Basic Requirements for Obtaining a Certificate of Title
|    Back |