Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: SABINE PASS LIGHTHOUSE
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 12/18/2018|
SABINE PASS LIGHTHOUSE
To view Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
Louisiana law provides for the issuance of the Sabine Pass Lighthouse specialty license plate. This license plate can be used on passenger cars, van, pickup trucks under 16000 lbs., motorcycles, and recreational vehicles.
There are no eligibility requirements for the Sabine Pass Lighthouse specialty license plate.
- Any resident of Louisiana, upon application, can be issued the Sabine Pass Lighthouse specialty license plate.
- A photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed. OR
- If the vehicle is not in the applicant's name, then all necessary documentation required for titling of the vehicle must be submitted along with the request for the Sabine Pass Lighthouse license plate.
- $40.00, in addition to regular registration fees, is due at initial issuance and all subsequent renewals.
- $8.00 handling fee is due on all transactions except renewals.
- $3.50 administrative handling fee is due only at initial issuance.
- $3.00 transfer fee is required to transfer the plate to another vehicle in the applicants name.
- Plates may be transferred from one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between owners.
- Based on availability, plates may be issued through any motor vehicle office or public tag agent location.
- Renewal transactions can be processed by any motor vehicle office or public tag agent location.
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Obtaining a Certificate of Title
|    Back |