Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: MANSLAUGHTER, NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE, OR VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||II Driver's License Laws||Effective: || 07/01/1986|
MANSLAUGHTER, NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE, OR VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
Receipt of a conviction of Manslaughter, Negligent Homicide, or Vehicular Homicide resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle requires a two year suspension of the individual’s driving privileges.
- The violator must serve the mandatory two (2) year suspension period.
Completion of driver education course
- Proof of completion of a 30-hour classroom driver education course or a 6-hour pre-licensing course shall be required at the time of reinstatement for this violation for any driver who has an Intermediate License, 16 years of age with a 61 restriction. The 8-hour behind the wheel training is not required.
- The course completion date must be after the date of violation.
- The course is no longer required if the applicant is 17 years of age.
- $60.00 reinstatement fee
- Any other fee owed for statutory requirements.
|    Back |