Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR LICENSE PLATES
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 07/19/1981|
CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR LICENSE PLATES
To view Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
The law provides for the issuance of Congressional Medal of Honor license plates. These plates are issued to private passenger automobiles/vans and private trucks up to 16,000 lbs.
Any recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor is eligible for this type plate.
All applications for initial issuance of a Congressional Medal of Honor license plate must be accompanied by proof of status as a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient. If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, proper title documentation and fees must be submitted along with the request for this type plate.
This is a free lifetime plate.
- $10.00 - replacement of a lost or stolen plate
- $8.00 - handling fee on all transactions except plates issued on renewal transactions
- $8.00 - handling fee to convert the plate.
- $3.00 - fee to transfer the plate to another vehicle.
- This plate may be transferred form one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in the applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between motor vehicle owners.
- This type plate must be ordered by the Specialized Vehicle Unit; therefore, a regular number plate must be purchased for the vehicle to be legally driven. Field offices can process duplicate titles and title corrections.
All other requests, including transfers and conversions, must be mailed to the Specialized Vehicle Unit, Headquarters, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA 70896.
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Titling a Vehicle
|    Back |