Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: CHEZ NOUS AUTRES
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 05/04/2009|
CHEZ NOUS AUTRES
To view Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://www.expresslane.org
The "CHEZ NOUS AUTRES" license plate is a special license plate which can be issued to private passenger automobiles, vans, private trucks up to 16,000 lbs, and motor homes.
- There are no eligibility requirements for the "CHEZ NOUS AUTRES" plate.
- This plate can be issued to any citizen of Louisiana.
- A copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed if the vehicle is registered in applicant's name.
- If the vehicle is not in applicant’s name then all necessary documentation required for titling of the vehicle must be submitted along with the request.
- $50.00 - in addition to regular registration fees, due at initial issuance and all subsequent renewals.
- $8.00 - handling fee due on all transactions except renewals.
- $3.50 - administrative handling fee due only on initial issuance.
- $3.00 - transfer the plate to another vehicle in the applicant’s name.
- Plates may be transferred from one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between owners.
- Plates are available for immediate issuance through the Specialized Vehicle Unit.
Initial requests must be mailed to the Office of Motor Vehicles, Specialized Vehicle Unit, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA 70896. All other transactions can be processed by any motor vehicle office or public tag agent.
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Obtaining a Certificate of Title
|    Back |