Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: VIETNAM VETERAN LICENSE PLATES
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 03/20/1990|
VIETNAM VETERAN LICENSE PLATES
To view Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
State law provides for the issuance of Vietnam Veteran license plates. These plates will bear the name of the appropriate branch of the armed service. The plates are issued to private passenger automobiles, vans, private trucks up to 16,000 lbs., motorcycles, and motor homes.
- Any veteran or retired veteran of the armed forces of the United States who served in the Vietnamese Conflict is eligible for this type of plate.
- Proof of service i.e., a photocopy of discharge certificate or a copy of the active duty retirement orders. The discharge must be of honorable condition and must indicate that the applicant did receive a Vietnam Service Medal (VSM) or the Vietnam Service Ribbon (VSR).
- A photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed if the vehicle is currently registered. OR
- If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, then all necessary documentation required for titling of the vehicle must be submitted along with the request for the Vietnam Veteran license plate.
- Regular registration and renewal fees apply.
- $8.00 - handling fee due on all transactions except renewals
- $3.00 - to transfer the plate to another vehicle in the applicant's name.
- Plates may be transferred from one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between owners.
- Based on availability, plates may be issued through any motor vehicle office or public tag agent location.
- Renewal transactions can be processed by any motor vehicle office or public tag agent.
Section IV 2.0 Basic Requirements for Obtaining a Certificate of Title
|    Back |