Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: DISABLED VETERANS -- FREE DRIVER'S LICENSE / IDENTIFICATION CARD
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||I Issuance of Driver's License||Effective: || 10/23/2007|
DISABLED VETERANS -- FREE DRIVER'S LICENSE / IDENTIFICATION CARD
To review Louisiana Statuses: http://www.legis.state.la.us
Exempts certain service-connected disabled veterans from the payment of fees for a driver's license or an identification card.
A veteran who has served in the United States Armed Forces shall be exempt from the payment of fees (including the handling and parish fees) for the issuance (initial, renewal, duplicate, amended, etc.) of a driver's license or an identification card if the veteran meets all requirements.
- Was honorably discharged (DD-214, certification from Veteran's Administration, or decision letter from Department of Veterans Affairs).
- Has a service-related disability of at least fifty percent (certified by the VA).
- Has a service-related disability of 100 percent (if they are requesting the "100% DAV" indicator to display under their portrait).
- Receives compensation from the United States government because of such disability (certified by the VA).
- Is not a sex offender who is required to be registered under Chapter 3-B of Title 15.
- Submit the supporting documents to determine eligibility.
|    Back |