Home > OMV Policy & Procedure: SONS OF CONFEDERATE VETERANS LICENSE PLATES
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 03/01/2001|
SONS OF CONFEDERATE VETERANS LICENSE PLATES
To view Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
This law provides for the issuance of a special license plate for the purpose of providing Louisiana history textbooks which are to be used in approved elementary and secondary schools of this state. This license plate can be issued to private passenger automobiles, vans, private trucks up to 16,000 lbs., and private buses.
- Any member of a camp of the Sons of Confederate Veterans established in Louisiana.
- A certificate of good standing of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, signed and notarized by the camp commander of which the applicant is a member.
- A copy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed if the vehicle is registered in applicant's name.
- If the vehicle is not in applicant’s name then all necessary documentation required for titling of the vehicle must be submitted along with the request.
- $28.50 - in addition to regular registration fees, due at initial issuance and all subsequent renewals.
- $8.00 - handling fee due on all transactions except renewals.
- $3.50 - administrative handling fee due only on initial issuance.
- $3.00 - transfer the plate to another vehicle in the applicant’s name.
- Plates may be transferred from one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between owners.
- Plates are available for immediate issuance through the Specialized Vehicle Unit.
Initial requests must be mailed to the Office of Motor Vehicles, Specialized Vehicle Unit, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA 70896. All other transactions can be processed by any motor vehicle office or public tag agent.
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Obtaining a Certificate of Title
|    Back |