Concealed Handguns Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I have moved out of state. Is my permit still valid?

A. No, when a permittee ceases to reside within the state the permit becomes invalid and must be returned to the Department of Public Safety. If you return to the state, you must reapply for a permit.

(LAC 55:I:1309.H)

However, L.R.S. 40:1379.3 (J) (3) and LAC 55:I:1307.D.2 (b) provides that a resident attending school or on active military duty in another state may reside outside the state with proper documentation to support this residency exemption.