Concealed Handguns Frequently Asked Questions

Q. If I am in the military and just transferred here, can I get a Louisiana concealed handgun permit?

A. Yes, once you have established residency, you will be eligible for the concealed handgun permit. [L.R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (3)] However, you must have either a Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana identification card as required by LAC 55:I:1307.B.5.a.i.