Concealed Handguns Frequently Asked Questions

Q. If I move, how do I change the address on my permit?

A. Go to the Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit Online Application page at ( and review the Term of Use Policy and check the "I ACCEPT the above statement" box. Then click on the “Change of Address Request” button. Fill out the Change Address Application and push the Submit button. This should be done within 30 days of the effective date of the address change.

L.R.S 40:1379.3 (C) (1) authorizes a 30 day suspension of your permit for failure to notify the department within 30 days of an address change.