Concealed Handguns Frequently Asked Questions

Concealed Weapons

Q. I am active duty military and stationed in this state. What do I have to do to obtain a permit?

A. You must complete an application and submit all the documents on the application checklist. You may use your military small arms qualification in lieu of training. However, you MUST obtain either a Louisiana driver's license or Louisiana identification card and submit a copy along with a copy of your military identification and your orders assigning you to this state. There are no waivers for this requirement.