Concealed Handguns Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need additional training if I am on active duty in the armed forces?

A. For original or first time applicants:
No, if you posses a certificate of completion of basic training (DD-214) with service record evidence of having successfully completed small arms training and qualification, you do not need additional training on an original application. Qualifying scores provided by your Range NCO will suffice with a copy of your Military ID Card (front and back).

[L.R.S. 40:1379.3 (D) (1) (ii)]

For renewals:
Yes, you will be required to take additional educational training.

(LAC 55:I:1307.D.4)