Concealed Handguns Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I have to return my old permit when I receive my renewed permit?

A. Yes, you must return an expired permit. LAC 55:I:1309.I, states “Any permit issued by the deputy secretary of the Department of Public Safety and Corrections shall be deemed to be the property of the department and shall be surrendered and returned to the department upon suspension, revocation, or expiration, or when the permittee ceases to reside in the state.”

You can obtain our mailing address on the “Contact Us” section of our web page (