LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||V Motor Vehicle License Plate Classifications & Requirements||Effective: || 02/12/2010|
GRAND LODGE OF THE STATE OF LOUISIANA, F & AM
|To view Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/|
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
This law provides for the issuance of a Grand Lodge of the State of Louisiana, F & AM license plate. This license plate can be issued to private passenger automobiles, vans, private trucks up to 16,000 lbs, and private buses.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of the organization.
- Applicant must submit membership card indicating he is a member in good standing of the Grand Lodge of the state of Louisiana, F & AM.
- A photocopy of the registration certificate of the vehicle on which the plate will be placed. OR
- If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, proper title documentation and fees must be submitted along with the request for the special plate.
- $50.00 - in addition to regular registration fees, due at initial issuance and all subsequent renewals.
- $8.00 - handling fee due on all transactions except renewals.
- $3.50 - administrative handling fee due only on initial issuance.
- $3.00 - transfer the plate to another vehicle in the applicant’s name.
- Plates may be transferred from one vehicle in applicant's name to another vehicle in applicant's name, but cannot be transferred between owners.
- Plates are available for immediate issuance through the Specialized Vehicle Unit.
Initial requests must be mailed to the Office of Motor Vehicles, Specialized Vehicle Unit, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA 70896. All other transactions can be processed by any motor vehicle office or public tag agent.
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Obtaining a Certificate of Title