LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
OFFICE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
|Section:||IV Motor Vehicle Registration Requirements||Effective: || 09/20/1986|
To view Louisiana Statues: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
AFFIDAVIT OF PHYSICAL INSPECTION
Physical inspection - the process used to verify the vehicle identification number on a particular vehicle and is done on an as need basis or when required by statute.
- All routine physical inspections of motor vehicles will be conducted by commissioned personnel who have successfully completed the Physical Inspection Certification training course.
- Commissioned personnel who successfully complete the Physical Inspection Certification training course will be issued a numbered certification card.
- Auto Theft personnel of the Insurance Fraud/Auto Theft Unit will be responsible for providing training for the Physical Inspection Certification course.
- Effective July 1, 2010, affidavits with a revision date other than R09/09 shall be considered invalid and will not be accepted as proof of physical inspection.
- Exception: Physical inspections performed on or prior to June 30, 2010 will be accepted.